- NIU Department of Computer Science
- Undergraduate Program
The Undergraduate Advisor for Computer Science, Daniel Rogness, advises computer science majors on all graduation requirements specific to computer science as well as helps undergraduates from other majors enroll in computer science classes. Please contact him or the department office for more information or to set up an appointment.
Suggested Plans for First Year Students Pursuing
Note: The Catalog Year in the following PDF files is listed as 2017-2018, but are still accurate up to 2020-2021.
Suggested Plan for Transfer Students ("2 + 2 Plan")
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester||Summer Semester|
Computer Science Elective Courses
- CSCI 321 iOS Mobile Device Programming
- CSCI 322 Android Mobile Device Programming
- CSCI 350 Computer Security Basics
- CSCI 390 Internship *
- CSCI 401 Foundations of Computer Science
- CSCI 427 Advanced iOS Mobile Programming
- CSCI 428 Advanced Android Mobile Programming
- CSCI 465 Enterprise Application Environments
- CSCI 470 Programming in JAVA
- CSCI 473 .NET Programming
- CSCI 475 Web Development
- CSCI 490 Topics in Computer Science: topics for CSCI 490 vary from semester to semester. Recent offerings have included Artificial Intelligence using Python, Computer Graphics, Pattern Recognition, Perl, Data Mining, Data Visualization, and Computer Networks.
Only after you have secured employment in a computer science-related position, should you seek to enroll in CSCI 390 (Internship). Please contact the Undergraduate Advisor for more details.